Tuesday 19 May 2009

Rómeo and Juliet - Production diary

Day 9

This Julia knows not the meaning of the word gratitude. She throws scorn on every single good idea that I bring to her!

And just for the record, it is not only my idea that the woman in the German Theater have to be either one of the Marias, the mother or the whore. That is just the best way to criticise the position of the modern woman. And who am I to change the stream. I can't be original everywhere.

As an example for how Julia treats me: I suggested that she continually stroke herself, sexually. I mean, she is after all an virgin, so she must be dying for it. Julia did not like this very simple, strong and politically motivated idea one bit. And not only that but she recruited her co-actresses with her against me.

Great, all the woman in the show against me!

What is wrong with Julia waking up to her true self, to her sexual beeing? What is the taboo...

And don't throw me the line that the actresses tried today, that it is podophilesque because of Julia only being 14 years old. Like I was some sort of pervert.

For christ's sake, it is a PLAY, Theater is not reality!

And besides, everybody knows that the actres is much older than that.

Just you wait julia until we get to the Nightingale scene, just you wait...

I was walking around town today and my eyes cought a girl from last night. I, which had just declared that there were better looking dogs in St Gallen than woman, was forced to re-evaluate my findings.

She did not see me...

No comments:

Post a Comment